Puyallup's Only Alignment-based, Iyengar Influenced Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course
Our philosophy for training is designed to allow students to experience the depths of yoga knowledge within a structured practice. We will present and facilitate discussions on yoga philosophy, ancient texts, ethics, lifestyle and personal practice. From here we will delve into teaching methodology, sequencing, accessibility and the integration of the art and science that is yoga. Through a dedicated and collaborative effort of students and teachers, we will equip each student with the tools not only for teaching yoga to others, but for the pursuit of life-long learning.Upon successful completion of our Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training Program graduates will have the opportunity to pursue a career as an RYT200.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will:
- Be able to describe the relationship between the commitment to a personal yoga practice and the qualities of a yoga teacher
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental principles of human anatomy and physiology and successfully apply these
principles to the practice of yoga
- Be able to sequence asana/pranayama practices for beginner classes, including adaptation for special needs
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to integrate yoga philosophy and ethics into daily living
- Demonstrate the ability to teach beginning level classes in asana, pranayama, and yogic philosophy
2019 Course Session Dates
Beginning February, 2019, the Inner Adventure Yoga Teacher Training Program will consist of 9 weekend sessions. The program will culminate in the ninth session with a mandatory yoga retreat. The location of the retreat is still to be determined.
Oct Final Retreat - TBD
Typical Weekend Schedule
Friday: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday: Noon - 8:00 PM
Sunday: Noon - 8:00 PM
1. Techniques, Training and Practice (TTP): minimum 100 hours
2. Teaching Methodology (TM): minimum 25 hours
3. Anatomy and Physiology (A&P): minimum 20 hours
4. Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics for Yoga Teachers (PLE): minimum 30 hours
5. Teaching Practicum (Practicum): minimum 10 hours
Students will be required to purchase or acquire additional materials for the RYT200 yoga teacher training course. Materials are conviently listed on our student resources page.
Application Fee: There is a $75 non-refundable fee due with the application.
Enrollment Fee: A $250 deposit will be due at the time of enrollment. This fee secures a space in the program and pays the student’s deposit for attendance at the mandatory Culminating Retreat. The full amount of the enrollment fee will be deducted from the total tuition payment; $100 of this fee is non-refundable.
Option A – Full payment of $3500 (less enrollment fee) due no later than March 2, 2018
Option B – 50% due on the first day of class (less enrollment fee) and the remainder due the next training weekend.
This plan includes a $35 processing fee for each payment.
Option C – Monthly installments from the first day of class to the last training weekend (less enrollment fee)
This plan includes a $15/month processing fee.